Thursday, November 3, 2011

Knitters Occupying!!

I haven't made much work in the past few weeks, well I guess finished would be a better choice word. I stared a lot, and I hated a lot. I did finish the first part of an on-going installation. The T-shirt piece. It hangs about 13 feet long and can lay out flat like a rug. I'm not sure what the final installment will look like. The piece I have now took about 30 t-shirts to make.....my drawers are getting kind of empty.
I've been knitting and crocheting a lot. Mostly random little bits, but I'm trying to learn more techniques. The topic of struggle and tension came up in my critique the other day, and I think the work is beginning to embody those ideas while at the same time it speaks to order and mindless process.
I went to the city yesterday. Saw some work in Chelsea, sadly nothing too relative. After, I went down to check out a Occupy Wall Street cite. It was interesting. It made me want to sew. I don't think I could ever be that passionate about something political. Its all so gray....

Chris Guerra in political mode.


No comments:

Post a Comment